Friday, January 9, 2009

Well.....it's finally Friday!

WOW, let's just say this week has been long and today it has gone out with a bang!

I've been working on getting ready for our Fireproof Marriage Study starting at church on Sunday night. I'm just organizing it and we have had a tremendous response, but getting books has taken up a lot of time..not to complain..but the saga begins.....what was supposed to be a quick trip to Hot Springs for books and back for our ballgame turned into....I hit a pothole, had a flat and ruined my tire. Thankfully the owner of the store nearby where I had the flat changed it since it was dark and very cold..HALLELUJAH!!! However, ruined my very expensive tire...stupid pothole! LOL!! Made a trip to LR Thursday for a check-up with my neurologist/headache clinic and picked up more books at Lifeway since I bought HS's out already....so many people signed up since the HS's trip that I was out of books again...going to be a great class I think!! Could've avoided all this if I had just ordered double the amount I ordered in the shipment on Monday and just returned the extras....lesson learned!!!!

My drama can't compare to the heartbreak I have felt all week for a former college classmate of Marty's that is now the principal at a high school near Hot Springs. His beautiful daughter is a high school senior and has a glioblastoma brain tumor. She is undergoing treatment and we have been praying fervently for her and her family but she has had a difficult week. She is having many difficulties from the location of her tumor and she has been on my mind constantly this week. We, along with our church family, are praying for her healing but I have been so burdened for her and her family this week. They have been a great testimony to all who have come in contact with them and have tremendous faith in the midst of this storm. Please say a prayer for Hannah and her family!

On a MUCH lighter note...though my son is in trouble over this one...we inadvertently kidnapped one of Carson's best friends today from school! Ha! No kidding!! I was checking my kids out to go to the eye doctor and my mom had to go and pick them up b/c I was running late from work. I called and let the school know and asked that they be signed out and watch for her b/c we were in a rush. They were on the playground, so when she pulled up they, along with their friend Deric, came out to the car and got in. Mom asked why Deric was with them and Carson said that Marty gave them permission and mom asked Deric if he had permission and Deric said yes that his mom checked him out. Well, Marty had called and asked me if Carson could take Deric (Carson's idea) and I specifically said NO b/c I had too many errands..none of them fun stuff, need to get in bed early b/c we have to get up early for their peewee games in tomorrow which is why we didn't go to the sr ballgames tonight. Marty did tell Carson that I said no, BUT that when I got there he could ask me if we could work something out with Deric's brother to pick him up early and maybe he could go. Big MISTAKE from dad!! I said NO and dad was going to Acorn to a ballgame so he didn't get a vote!! Anyway, when I didn't show up to discuss with Carson..he just brought Deric on and thought he would slip it over on Nana! Deric just decided to go without asking period...who knows what he thought. The duty teacher apparently thought they were all 3 checked out instead of just my 2 and the kids in their class told their teacher that they were all checked out. Deric's mom called me at 3:30 when he didn't get off the bus and she had called everywhere looking for him and had finally talked to his sister, who was on the bus with Marty and had found out from him where Deric was. CRAZY!!! If they are running these scams at 9...what are they going to be doing at 14?!!!! Carson is in BIG trouble to say the least! It makes me feel slightly better that he feels super guilty..he's apologized over and over, apologized to Deric's mom, said he didn't deserve ice cream when we went...yeah he didn't...he's tender-hearted! Wonder how long that will last??

Hopefully the weekend is going to get calmer!! I'm zapped!

No comments:

Post a Comment