Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Reflection on 2008




























I can't believe that today is December 31, the last day of 2008. It sounds like a cliche but where does the time go? When I was younger it seemed like the time just crawled by, but the older I get the days just seem to fly by. Days are counted now in ballgames, dentist appointments and the next school holiday.
A look back at some things that happened this year....We went on our first cruise back in March as a family. I had gone the year before with a group of friends from church, but Spring Break I dragged Marty kicking and screaming onto the Fantasy for a 4 day cruise with the kids. We had a great time, but he says he won't be going again...hates the open water. :) Carson's all-star team won the 7/8 yr. old Dixie Small State Tournament which was very exciting for him...and daddy who was helping coach the team. Gracen's team won the 7/8 yr old Softball District Tournament which thrilled her beyond belief! When she quit t-ball the first practice ...because her head got hot, who would've thought she would've turned into the competitive little player she has become these last two years. Gracen has continued to take piano and had her first piano recital in May. She was very nervous (she said her hands were shaking), but she did excellent! She also played "The First Noel" at church for the first time on Sunday morning, December 21st. She did very well and we were so proud of her. These were both such accomplishments for a child that does not like to be singled out. She still cries if she hears us telling a funny story about something she said or did! Carson killed his first "Big Buck," an 8 point, and Gracen killed her first deer this year. They are quite the little hunters. The "Big White Hunter," aka Marty, is so proud!
I've been teaching a Sunday School class at our church for a little over a year now. The Caney CHICS (Caring Hearts in Christ's Service) is our name. We started in Sept. '07 with 7 ladies the first Sunday. Our first study was "Power of the Praying Wife" which was really good. Over the last year we finished that study, moved on and did "Secret of the Lord" which was awesome and we just finished a couple weeks ago. Last week, we started "Makeover" and from reading the book ahead researching it I know we are going to be really blessed by it. Our class has grown to now we have about 27 or so ladies that come periodically and average about 19 or 20 each Sunday. The class has been a tremendous blessing to me. It is challenging and uplifting and so rewarding to feel successful at something I feel God has led me to do outside of my job and my family that enriches my life and I think the lives of those in my class. I just love everyone in our class...we have such a great time!

It's been such a busy year...all of these things seem like they happened forever ago and yesterday all at the same time! I am so blessed with two beautiful kids who make me want to be a better mom and a better person when I see the world through their eyes. I am thankful for my husband, for my parents and the rest of our families and all of our wonderful friends. I am thankful most of all for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ for without Him none of this is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment