Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hair like me

This week I had my hair done and the girl that does my hair decided to get a wild idea and give me a new look..so now my hair is somewhat darker than my usual fairly blonde color. After I got over the shock of seeing myself with darker hair..which has been ages...I made my way home and when I came in my families reactions were all varied. Gracen was, as usual, my biggest cheerleader. She started squealing and said she LOVED it. She said, "Good! Now you have hair like me!" Marty, on the other hand, said, "Why did you do that?" and then covered for himself in the way someone tries to do when they know they have offended you and said, "It looks fine, really." Carson, my honest Abe, came up and inspected me all the way around. Then in his slow, methodical way he said, "It looks good, mom." Then he began to quiz me on what she did and when I decided to get my hair that color. You don't have to imagine long about what I did next...I went straight to the shower and proceeded to wash it no less than five times to try to wash out some of the dark color. Fortunately it has faded quite a bit and I do still have some blonde highlights but the dark does overshadow the light. It is getting better or maybe I'm getting more accustomed to seeing myself this way. I'm going to give it some time and see how it settles in on me! Gracen is still begging me not to lighten it up!

1 comment:

  1. Sherri, Alissa told me about your blog today after church! So happy to find it. I love keeping up with "Kirby people" since we moved. Really enjoyed your posts! Look forward to adding your blog to my list...it gets addictive! I've been blogging now for almost 3 years!

    ReplyDelete