Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Weight Wednesday Week 3

It seems like it's been a lot longer than three weeks since I started training with Kyle and really getting serious about losing some weight but it will be 3 weeks tomorrow since my first workout.  Tomorrow will be my 10th workout and I can already tell I am stronger, faster (although I'm still so super slow lol!) and have learned a new definition for working hard. I would never, ever, EVER push myself to work as hard as Kyle pushes me.  It has made me feel I am capable of much more than I ever thought possible.  I'm thinking if I feel this much better after 10 workouts...well, I wonder what I will feel like after 20! 

I lost one pound this week and though it doesn't seem like much, I started measuring last Wednesday and I was down 4 1/2 inches today...in one week!  Woohoo!  I've lost 1 inch off my waist just this week so I'm super excited about that.  I, of course, want to see the scale go down but I wore a dress to church Sunday that didn't fit a couple weeks ago...so I'm much encouraged! I've lost 8 pounds total in 21 days. I have a ways to go but I know I'm on the right track.

I got a devotional from my friend Robyn today (she blogs here ) and it talked about how we often neglect to take care of the bodies that God has given us.  You can read the entire devotional here but in it he talks about how we as Christians would be angered to hear that someone vandalized our church but yet is our body that God gave us any less sacred?  

We let our bodies be weighed down by fat, pollute our lungs, abuse our bodies with stress & exhaustion...and believe because it's our body that we have the "right" to do so.  A quote from the devotional says, He has fashioned these earthen vessels to serve Him and carry out the work He’s planned for us to accomplish. God created us with a mind, body, and spirit—of the three aspects, the body is the one that allows us to interact with our environment. People cannot reach their full potential while neglecting the proper care of their bodies. What good are education, talent, and gifts if we’re too tired or sick to complete tasks well?

It goes on to say, Here in the world, we can do nothing apart from our physical body. Since it is the only one we’ll have in this life, we should do our best to keep it in good condition. Believers should also recognize their responsibility to treat the earthly frame like the sacred and special dwelling place that it is.

Interesting way of looking at taking care of our bodies isn't it?  I've certainly never given it any thought in this way. Hmmm...another "aha" moment for me perhaps!

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.
I Corinthians 6:19-20 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment