Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Weight Wednesday Week 6...coming soon!

Well, I won't be posting my latest progress until tomorrow this week...so I guess I'll have to call it Thankful Thursday if I am down & if I'm not....well maybe we'll call it Thicker Thursday...but I sure hope not!

It has been a crazy last seven days.  I went to Dallas on Wed morn and arrived home at 11:30 on Thursday night.  Friday morning I woke up early so I could get in a workout on my own & then packed and headed to Searcy for Carson's Big State All-Star Tnmt.  We played Friday night & lost big to Nashville, won over Hope on Saturday morning and then lost Saturday night to Searcy.  We actually played well and winning a single game in Big State is usually doing well for our small town team.

After getting beat Saturday night we spent the night in Searcy and had a great night of fellowship with the other parents and kids.  On Sunday morning we decided to go on to Branson for a couple days of family vacation and we had a blast!  We did a little shopping, played lazer tag...which is one of my favorite things now and quite the workout actually...and 2 trips to the Water Chute which is always fun.  We counted about 90-100 steps to the top and the kids insist on running back to the top so Carson pretended to be Kyle and kept me going to get in my workout for the day since I didn't have treadmill time that morning.  I did get my hour in while I was gone though I did have some ice cream one day and I had my favorite French Toast at the Belgian Waffle on Tuesday morning before the water slide.  Hopefully I burned off the piece I had...and I know I saved a ton of calories since I usually have the adult order and this time I had the kids order and split it with Marty!

Tuesday was mine and Marty's 15th Anniversary and we had a great family day to celebrate! I have been blessed beyond measure for the last 15 years.  Marty & I went on our first date on December 31, 1995 after we were set up by my brother & his coach who was Marty's best friend.  A few months later he proposed over Spring Break and we set the date for our wedding on July 26, 1996.  After a couple of years of infertility treatments & while I was in graduate school we decided to go forward with IVF and were so blessed & shocked to find out we were having twins!  We've barely had time to turn around and now they are turning 12 on August 10th.  It is hard to believe how fast time has passed.  I can't wait to see what the next 15 years have in store for us...though the thought of my kids being 27 freaks me out a little!

I'll post tomorrow on my weekly results....hope it's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment