Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Weight Wednesday Week 2

Can't believe it has been a week since I updated but time always seems to pass so fast in the summer!  I have had a good week all around.  I've worked my school hours I'm working this summer doing speech, managed to get all 6 days of workouts in & mom and I have been working like crazy getting our gift shop set up and ready for our open house tomorrow.  I have been on my feet all week...so surely I am burning some extra calories. 

This morning when my alarm started beeping at 7 am so I could get my hour in on the treadmill before I headed to work I had to make myself get on out of the bed and not hit snooze for an hour.  I got on up and feel so much better knowing my hour is done because I have a busy day that includes some much needed pool time. Woohoo! 

I am definitely feeling the effects of all the constant activity and my body is whining and aching today from my workout with Kyle yesterday.  Whew...he kicked my tail....but I feel great dosed up on ibuprofen! LOL!

So I am officially down 7 pounds as of today.  I was down 2.2 more pounds on Sunday, back up 2 on Tuesday and back down 1.8 this morning for my official Wednesday weigh-in. I feel like I should have lost more this week since I know I didn't cheat on my diet at all & worked out like I have never exercised before but I know my body has gotten smaller and I can already tell a big difference.  My clothes are fitting better and I feel the muscle I am building already...so excited! I feel better mentally, physically (except that aching part), emotionally and spiritually this week.

My biggest challenge this week was getting a full hour in on the days I don't workout with Kyle.  I did it but time passes much more slowly doing an hour on my own than when I workout with him and I don't even have to think...just follow directions...which is still hard to do sometimes when I'm huffing and puffing & my head is a little fuzzy! I'm sure he loves having to explain what I'm supposed to do twice every time.  I am so thankful that I sought help with this and am following through even when I don't always feel like it...cause my family tortures me with some of the things they've been eating...ice cream, pancakes, cookies....all carbs and NOT on my plan! I loaded an hour long playlist on my ipod and have to remind myself NOT to sing out loud going down the road and it is getting me through it so far!

I love this "Thought for the Day" from Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst. "Eating in its proper context is not the problem. God gave us food for nourishment, strength, and even celebration. But when pleasure becomes unrestrained, there’s a problem."

 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 
Psalm 139:14  

No comments:

Post a Comment