Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Weight Wednesday Week 9

Last Tuesday evening I left for the beach and got home Saturday night a little after midnight so I didn't get to post for week 8 results.  I did weigh on Tuesday before I left and I was down 1.2 pounds for a total of 14 pounds. 

I was worried about being gone to the beach and staying on track & I did have a few small cheats (like a mini-blizzard from Dairy Queen 3 nights in a row...hey it's tiny...don't judge! LOL!) but I also stayed very active and did my workouts.  I was thrilled to be down 1.6 pounds and 1.5 inches this morning for a total of 15.6 pounds and 16.5 inches. Whew! 

I worked out with Kyle Monday and Tuesday before I left and then Wednesday I walked 2 miles on the beach and did a lot of playing in the pool with Gracen but didn't get a regular workout in so I tried to make up for it on Thursday & Friday.  Mom and I ran on the beach for about 2.5 miles both days and then we all walked to the pier down from our condo both mornings as well which was another 2 miles.  We ran down by the water and wore our running shoes, but the water was so rough and we ran in soaking wet shoes full of sand the entire time...and LOVED it! Since Gracen didn't have a friend to play with I didn't do a lot of laying out and reading, but that was good because we played games in the pool that kept me moving almost the entire day and made some good memories at the same time.  

I keep thinking for the amount I'm eating compared to what I used to have and eating no carbs...except for fruit & occasionally some yogurt...and working out 6 days a week..I should be losing more than what I am each week, but I know I am building muscle and losing body fat and am being more consistent and working harder than I ever have in my life so it will come off and I'm building habits I can live with every day of my life.  

I have set mini-goals with a reward for myself and so as soon as I get paid in a couple weeks I am going to have a "deluxe pedicure" for finally reaching 15 pounds. Gracen and I were getting a regular pedicure in Fayetteville when we were there for baseball in June and I had just finished my first week of training and so we discussed in the pedicure chairs that it was my reward for making it through the 1st week.  Then the lady kept trying to get me to get the deluxe pedicure...which was more money of course...and we both agreed that should be my 15 pound goal.  I'm looking forward to it...hot towels and a mask on my tired legs! :)

School starting back has led to 6 am workouts which means a 5:30 alarm...wow, that has taken a little adjustment but I have found I actually don't mind that much.  I've been super tired because, well, school kicks my tail the first week anyway and I'm not used to getting in bed earlier but I'm adjusting.  I like having it done for the day and it helps keep me on track and not tempted when the day gets stressful and I'm tired and hungry...the worst times for me to want something sweet!

I crossed another 10 pound mark this week and I'm super excited about that...do not plan on seeing that weight again Lord willing!!

I read this statement by Lysa TerKeurst in Made to Crave this week and loved it..."If the prop Satan used to bring down mankind was food, I do think this is an issue God cares about."

Self-control...something I have been working very hard on these last 9 weeks and pray for daily.

“…make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance…”
2 Peter 1:5a-6a (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment