Wednesday, August 17, 2011

6th Grade

I will post Wednesday night about my Week 8 weigh-in but tonight I wanted to do something a little different first.

Dear Carson & Gracen,

I can't believe you are starting 6th grade tomorrow.  It seems like just yesterday that we were packing up your supplies....crayons, glue sticks, pencils and scissors...all things necessary for a day in kindergarten.  This year we didn't even have a crayon or glue stick on the list for 6th grade and that kind of made me sad.

Last week you turned 12 and tomorrow you will start your last day at Kirby Elementary and I can't believe it.  You both have changed so much this summer and I am enjoying every minute of it...well, maybe I could live without those teenage attitudes...but let's not go there right now! :)  You both have grown so much this summer and are getting dangerously close to passing me up in height...& we all hope you do!

Despite all the changes I've seen this summer that make you more like a teenager, you both continue to have such great personalities and kind hearts.  You still hold my hand when we're walking in public and sit in my lap and hug and kiss me like you did when you were younger and I cherish every one of those hugs and kisses.

Carson, you are so outgoing and loving.  Time and again teachers and other adults have come to me or your dad and told us about how you did something that day at recess or in class to make sure that a classmate that was being left out or was "different" in some way was included in what you and your friends were playing.  That makes me so proud to be your momma and I pray that you will keep that kind spirit in you always.  Right now you want to be "busy" all the time.  There's no time for video games because you are always shooting on your nerf goal or playing "detective" on some random fact you want to check out on the computer...CIA Carson Smith! :)  You do not meet a stranger and can talk to an adult just as well as a friend your own age and that is such a good life skill to have.  I have loved watching you out in the yard lately with daddy working on shooting your bow.  You are such a perfectionist at mastering different skills...nothing frustrates you more than missing a shot or a ball in whatever sport you are playing.  I pray that you will always strive to do your best while remembering that you were given abilities & talents from God and use them to glorify Him all your life.  Our ultimate goal for you is not to play basketball for a team or be Valedictorian of your class, although those are all good things, but it's not what or who you are...our goal is for you to be all that God created you to be.  Here's a scripture for you Carson that I want you to always keep in mind. Love you, little buddy!


Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6


Gracen, you are so tenderhearted & you want to please everyone but yet you have such determination in you.  You are always wanting to buy little gifts for the special people in your life...friends & family both...that will mean something to them and that is so sweet.  You are so determined.  You always want to make that 100 on a test & are so detailed at everything you do and you manage to balance that with your sweet spirit.  Right now everything is "aaaamazing" and we laugh so much at all your little sayings you come up with.  You will sit for hours and write stories, draw and of course your famous yearbook copying!  You are becoming such a young lady and I pray that you will continue to be a hard worker but yet remember that the things we work to achieve and master in this life are nothing compared to pleasing our Lord who created you and loves you unconditionally even more than your daddy and I do...and that's so much you can't even imagine it.  God has a perfect plan for your life & is there to guide you through every decision and obstacle you face.  Friends may let you down, but God never will and your daddy and I will be here for you every step of the way.  I picked out a scripture for you, too, Gracen and it is written on everything these days, but it is just so true.  Love you, Sissy!


For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11


Love you both more than words can say,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment