Thursday, August 25, 2011

Weight Wednesday Week 10...on Thursday


I am not going to lie about it...this has been a super tough week. I have been tired, stressed and just a little overwhelmed. Work has been hectic, workouts are early and I have not slept well over the last 7 days.  That has all led me to really have to WORK at not eating things I shouldn't.  It has not been easy!

I hurt my arm before we left for the beach..or actually it was probably more a cumulative thing from push-ups the doctor said, but regardless it's been hurting and I tried to ignore it for a couple weeks and hope I would wake up one morning with no swelling or pain and that hasn't happened yet. I finally give up and went to the doctor on Monday and he said I have torn the tendon away from the bone near my wrist and that has caused the muscles it attaches to the bone to swell and it will take a while to heal. I'm wearing a brace at night on my wrist and supposed to wear one with any exercise that is weight bearing on the wrist and as many hours through the day as I can. I haven't been able to get the one to wear during the day and for exercise yet but I have been wearing the one you sleep in and I can't tell any difference yet but we'll see...possibly would help if I'd quit doing those pushups he specifically told me not to do.  Anyway,  thankfully nothing was broken because I do not want anything to interfere with my workouts right now.

As for my weight loss, after being pleasantly surprised to lose 1.6 pounds while on vacation, I was pleased as punch to weigh Wednesday morning and be down 2 more pounds!  I weighed on Sunday morning and was down exactly 18 pounds and 2.6 pounds since my last weight-in but on Wednesday morning I was up a little...something salty I ate probably...
and so I am at 17.4 pounds and 17.5 inches total for my week 10 weigh-in.

 I really wanted to be at 20 pounds by week 10 but I'm very pleased with my results. I've never lost this much weight without taking what I would call a short break and that would translate into gaining the weight back.  I'm very excited. So, now I am 36 pounds from my goal and it feels great! Seems like just last week I was at 7 pounds and feeling better but still thinking...
how am I ever going to lose 54 pounds?!

I am making my running calendar out today to train for the White Rock Half Marathon in December and I am nervous about it. I have done a half before....back in 2005 which seems like forever ago. Ultimately my goal is to run the Little Rock Marathon in March but I'm keeping that in the background right now and taking it one step at a time. After running the 5K at the Dam Night Run last month now I want to run a 10K next so we'll see how it goes.  Going to run a long run in the morning and see how far I can run for distance when I'm not worried about time.

I read a great quote today that really sums up what I've had to live by lately...

Self-discipline is the ability to make yourself do something you don't necessarily want to do, 
to get a result you would really like to have. 
Andy Andrews

I love that and I've had to put it into practice this past week. 

 Case in point....
At the end of a very long day at work on Wednesday seeing my speech kids and in every second a student wasn't in the room I was trying to do paperwork for 6 conferences on Thursday.  I ended up having to stay a little later to get done and then rush to the house to get Gracen and head to piano.  I really thought for a moment...I'm stressed, I'm tired...maybe I'll pick up a Sonic Blast and just read my book during piano today.  Problem is...a Sonic Blast is definitely NOT on my plan and since I had slept later that morning and not done my workout early...I really needed to run while Gracen was in piano. 

 So, I drove right on past Sonic, ran in the house and changed into running clothes, grabbed my ipod and she and I headed to piano. I dropped her off at her lesson and drove down to the Amity walking trail and ran till she called me to pick her up. It was hot and I was tired and sore from lunges on Tuesday...but 2.25 miles later...and I felt so much better about myself after I was done. I wasn't as cranky or tired as when I had walked out of the door at work and I wasn't beating myself up like I would have if I had retreated to the comfort food...
like an Oreo cookie sonic blast that I have done time after time on a stressful day...even if I was on a “diet.”


 So, I thanked the Lord for the strength to not take the easy way out that day and prayed that the next time the situation arises that I will make the right choice again. I hope so!

The Lord you God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17 (NKJV)

      


No comments:

Post a Comment