Thursday, September 29, 2011

Weigh-In Wednesday Week 15..a little late

I'm late posting this week once again, but Wednesday's are just a very busy day.  By the time I get to sit down at the end of the day I am too tired for blogging.  

There have been some positives and some negatives this past week.  

My back is still a struggle, although I'm doing my stretches and trying to pay attention to NOT do the things that aggravate it, so hopefully it will keep improving. 

 A big positive is that I ran 7 miles on Saturday!! Woot woot!
  I should say I struggled through 7 miles on Saturday.  Wow, it was hard, I'm not going to pretend it wasn't. 
 I barely made it to my front door and collapsed on my front steps.  The kids came out because the dogs were barking at me and all I could say was...WATER!  
Gracen even gave me a lecture on how I should be taking my phone so I could call if I passed out...yeah, I looked that red and tired!  I ran 4 last night and worked out this morning by running a quick interval mile and then some weights on my own because Kyle was sick so our workout was cancelled.  I was already up and at the highway when I glanced and saw his text so I went back home and though I wanted to go back to bed...I worked out. I have a rest day tomorrow and then 8 miles on Saturday.  Can't say I'm looking forward to it but hopefully I will be able to finish it without collapsing!

I lost 1 pound this week for a total of 24.2 pounds.  I keep getting frustrated with these 1's the last few weeks, but when I measured this morning I had lost 3 1/4 inches this week so I was super excited about that!  I could tell this week that even clothes I wore the week before were quite a bit bigger so I thought I was losing inches even though the scale wasn't showing as much of a loss.  Just in the last couple weeks I have been able to tell a big difference in my muscles. Carson laughs at me for saying I have a muscle in my arm but now he's starting to get impressed I'm actually getting one for real. 

I've lost a total of 23 inches and 6.25 of that is off my waist! Yippee! 
 I finally passed another 10 pound mark...by .2 but below it! 
I was going to wait until 25 pounds to go buy new jeans but thankfully I'm going to have to soon.  I have nothing in my closet at this point that isn't baggy...such a good feeling...a lot better than that sugar IV I had going just 15 short weeks ago. 

Last night when I headed out to run I was in an aggravated mood.  You know it was one of those things that someone tells you about something happening and then you are so mad about it that you know you aren't going to calm down anytime soon?!  Marty and the kids were gone to put out deer corn so I laced up my tennis shoes, turned on my ipod and started running.  

At first, I thought of nothing but rehashing what I thought and felt and how mad I was and then "I'd Need a Savior" by Among the Thirsty came up on my playlist...and I told myself...stop griping and thinking...and listen.  

So I did.  
And I just kept running and listening....

"....I lift up my life 
Cause you're always the same 
And my offering
 To you I bring
Your name is Jesus
Your name is Jesus
You're the wonderful, counselor, my friend
Your what I hold on to
I know that you brought me through
all the days of loss to the cross
You knew
That I'd need a Savior. 

That is such an amazing song....amazing doesn't do it justice actually.  It's one of my absolute favorites. Praising  the Lord can take those worries and stresses and lift them right off my shoulders.

Over these last few weeks there have been so many losses in our community that do not make sense...
the tragic death of a 2 yr old little girl who reportedly died from abuse, 
21 yr old Chris Palmer who was a former Kirby student/player of Marty's was murdered a little over a week ago, 
and just Tuesday night the loss of a well-known Kirby man who was loved by so many in our community and was a beloved grandfather to his grandkids who attend Kirby as well.  
All were deaths that just don't make sense and leave many of us wondering why?  None of these families had time to prepare themselves for what was coming.

But isn't it comforting to know that Jesus is that Wonderful, Counselor, My Friend that we can hold on to when the world doesn't really make sense.  There's no one like Him.

O Lord, our Lord, How excellent is Your name in all the earth, Who have set your glory above the heavens!
Psalm 8:1

No comments:

Post a Comment