Sunday, March 1, 2009

More like them...

Well, it's been a long week this week. Seems like it would never end but now it is Sunday and about to start again. We were playing in the regional tournament at Saratoga this last week. The boys lost their first game against Nevada by 5 points. It was a tough loss. Nevada is a really good team. They went on to lose by 2 points to Bradley who may very well win the state if they play well. The girls placed as runner-up in the regional to Nevada County. We really wanted to beat them..their coach sends a player over to stand right beside Robert every time he calls one of our players over to talk to them during the game..like a free-throw or something like that. It is so irritating! I call them "the spies!" I know..so much bigger things to worry about in the world..entertains us during the game though!

This Saturday morning was the first Saturday morning we were able to sleep in..no pee wee basketball yesterday. But, I loved watching them this year! I did enjoy not having to go this week, however and though I did do some laundry I also watched a little tv, cooked breakfast for Marty and the kids, things we haven't done on a Saturday in a good long while...luxuries these days! I'm going to get around to getting up the pictures from the kids' season...maybe tomorrow!

On a sadder note, today we attended the Celebration of Life for Hannah Joy Sullivan. It was a beautiful service! In typical Sullivan fashion when we walked in, there stood Brad, Jill and Bethany greeting everyone as they came in. I couldn't believe it. They are the most gracious family I have ever met. At a time when I would be tempted to crawl in a whole and shut the world out, they have opened their arms and welcomed everyone in. Bethany and Brad both spoke during the service and did a tremendous job. Everyone actually applauded after Brad spoke. He spoke about Hannah and what God had done in her life and in their lives...how he had given them "the peace that passes all understanding." (Phillipians 4:7) I was so impressed with what both of them had to say. Bethany's ability to stand up before a crowd of we estimated at about 700+...maybe way more than that it was hard to estimate b/c the church is so big...and speak when you have been through what she has just speaks volumes to the job Brad and Jill have done with her. Not only did they so obviously instill in Hannah what we have seen demonstrated this past year during her "storm" but I think we saw before us today that they have raised not just 1 but 2 beautiful, Godly daughters. I only hope I can instill in my kids a small bit of what they have done. As Marty said about Brad and Jill after we left the service ...I want to be more like them....so do I.

God bless,
Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment