Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008

Well, it's all over for another year...as my mother-in-law says every year. Santa delivered right on time and Carson even heard him on the back porch during the night! :) This year he left jr. golf club sets and new basketballs for Carson & Gracen and they were very pleased. They're already looking forward to spring so they can head to the driving range!


I wanted to start a blog so I could better keep up with events in our family life. I thought Christmas was a great time to start! I'm sitting here now looking at my tree thinking of when I should take it down. It's always more fun to put it up than it is to take it down!! Beside my tree is my arrangement of cards we received this year and it is one of mine and the kids' favorite things about Christmas. If they don't get the mail for me that day, they are asking as they hit the door where the new cards are to put up. We really enjoy discussing who friends are that the kids may not know well, or talking about how cute the pictures are and how much everyone changes each year!


The kids and I had a few days to do some things together this year that we haven't done the past few years. We made candy together...wow, that's a lot of work! Then the kids helped me make cheese balls using a new recipe for a yummy cheese ball a friend gave me. I'm now sick of cream cheese we ate so much of them...but Carson especially loved squishing that with his hands!!


I just love Christmas and enjoy being with family. I'm ready for 2009 and all that God blesses our family with!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Sherri! I love your blog! I'll definitely keep visiting. Great to hear news about yall...take care.
    JILL

    ReplyDelete