Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Weigh-In Wednesday Week 29

I thought over the break I would surely have time to blog but when I did have the time I was not on the computer but relaxing and enjoying my family. I'll start with my weight loss update since that's the title of this post.  I definitely enjoyed some foods over the break that I would not have eaten normally, but I did not go overboard.  I indulged carefully and strategically.  It's amazing how much better my body handles the carbs and sugar that I normally wouldn't have been eating now that I have been without and have lost some weight.  I didn't get in my daily workouts like I had been either but did manage to get 2-3 days a week in so I didn't fall completely off the wagon.  We were very busy with family dinners, basketball games and everyday life stuff so I didn't stress over getting it all done every day.  

So, I started the break on the 16th having lost exactly 38 pounds and last week I was up 1.5 pounds but thankfully this morning I was back to exactly where I started the holidays.  It's not a loss, but I can't imagine a holiday break before that I didn't end it weighing more than I intended....and usually a few pounds at least!  So I'm still at 38 pounds and feeling great with that actually.  Now, it's time to buckle down and get the rest of this weight off.  I have 16 more pounds to go.  That will be in my healthy weight range.  I actually wouldn't mind losing 20 more so I would have a few pounds to not stress over, but we'll see how I feel when I get to 16. 

We are going on a cruise for spring break this year with my sister-in-law's family and Blevin, the young man I mentioned before that has come into our lives as such a blessing and is now part of our family will also be going as well as one of his best friends, Grady.  Two 18 year old boys on a cruise....I hope we're ready for this?! LOL!  They're great boys and Carson & Gracen LOVE cruises so I know it will be a blast and we are looking forward to it. I have set the cruise as my goal for being at my goal weight.  We set sail in 10 1/2 weeks so I need to lose about a pound and a half to get there so I need to buckle down!  Tomorrow I am back on my strict dieting and getting all my workouts in. I'm ready!

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 
Psalm 46:1

No comments:

Post a Comment