Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Weigh-In Wednesday Week 26

Wow, it's been a while since I have updated.  The last couple months have been a whirlwind.  We are in the thick of basketball at this point and added to practices and piano lessons...life starts being a little autopilot and the things that aren't essential fall by the wayside.  Blogging would be one of those things.

So to update on where I am currently in my weight loss quest...

Friday, the 16th, will be 6 months since I started this journey.  I met with Kyle on June 16th for my first workout and in some ways that seems like just yesterday and in other ways it seems like it's been forever!  I am down 38 pounds and 33.75 inches as of today.  I've averaged a loss of 1.5 pounds per week and have 16 pounds to go to my goal weight.  I've lost 4 sizes and can wear another size smaller in some things already but mostly in between sizes...only a woman will understand that statement! LOL!  I'm the smallest I have been in many years and feel so much better...I can't even explain how much better actually.

More importantly than pounds lost and smaller sizes is that I feel like I am taking care of the body that God has given me.  I'm eating better, not overdoing it, and not turning to food for every little comfort in my life.  I'm actually astonished when I look back at myself 6 months ago and where I started from and I know I could not have done that on my own.  God has had my back every step of the way.  I feel like after a lot of prayer, reading Lysa TerKeurst's Made to Crave book and more prayer that I am more confident in myself which comes directly from Him.  He did not make me to be a weak person, controlled by my emotions and hiding behind food and my weight.  He created me for more than that.  Am I going to mess up as I continue to pursue a healthier lifestyle and maintain...absolutely...but I've learned that it isn't a domino effect.  One bad decision does not have to lead to another.

With Christmas just 11 days away I want to share one of my absolute favorite Christmas songs, "A Baby Changes Everything" by Faith Hill.  I hope the video link works.  We've had someone come into our lives lately who isn't a baby...whew couldn't handle that...but he has been a blessing to us and definitely changed a lot in our world.  God's plans for our lives are not always what we think and sometimes he does radical things and they turn out to be the biggest blessing.  I'll share more about that later.  So, here's the video...I hope. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment