Monday, January 11, 2010

Wk. 2-The Smith family

Last week we prayed for the Shaffer's and we enjoyed reminding each other throughout the week to be praying.  It was so great to ask the kids and they say they prayed for them on their own, or for them to ask us to make sure we were keeping them in our prayers.  I enjoyed the focus on prayer that this has added to our lives outside of just praying for our usual list of requests for friends and family and sick and hurting people we know.  I want us to always remember them, of course, but praying for someone just to have a good week and be safe..is really something I have enjoyed myself.

On Sunday night, the kids drew another card out of our bowl and it is...the Smith's..no not us or even a relative, but a great friend of mine from De Queen and her family!!  Erik, Jill and Riley!  They both teach at De Queen and their little girl is just precious!  I don't have my computer at home to post their card this week.  Jill was my next door neighbour growing up in De Queen.  Our moms were best friends and we spent lots of time together over the years.  We cheered together all through school as well and she and her brother are both married now and living in De Queen raising their families!  I enjoy when we get to see them periodically!

This weekend was busy with both kids playing on Saturday. They both won against Centerpoint and had a great time playing!  I love watching them play..they are both so serious about the game already and are good little ballplayers!  This week between the kids and Marty...we have basketball on Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. It's going to be a busy week when you add in Awana, piano, practices and I have to spend 2 nights in Little Rock for a workshop.  Whew!! Wouldn't trade it for anything though!

No comments:

Post a Comment