Sunday, January 17, 2010

Silver Bracket Champs



Carson and 8 other 4th graders competed in the Hoopfest Tournament in Hot Springs on Saturday and Sunday.  We usually do not do the weekend tournament thing because of church, but this was a one time thing we went ahead and let him play in this weekend.  It was their first time to play a team that full-court pressed and such so it was a great experience for them.

It made for a long weekend because Carson and Gracen both played our regular league games at Dierks Saturday morning, then we left for Hot Springs and played at 5 and 7 pm.  Sunday morning we were back playing at 10, but I missed it because I went and taught Sunday School.  Of course that game Carson had around 18 points...that would happen when I wasn't there! I made the right decision to go on to my class..I don't like missing unless I just have to because we are out of town or I am sick. He understood and Marty went with him.  They played again in the finals after lunch and I was able to make that one and they won!! So much fun watching my kids play!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment