Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Awana Awards

Tonight we attended the awards night at First Baptist here in Glenwood for Awana. We go to church at Caney in Bismarck, but the kids go to Awana on Wed nights here in Glenwood where some of our friends go to church. I tried to take pictures but the lights weren't bright enough and my flash didn't work from where I was. My friend, Stacy, took some for me and so I'll post those later. They both started T & T this year, which stands for Truth in Training, so they started new books in September. Gracen finished her book in the first weeks of March and Carson finished his book mid-April. He couldn't stand it that Gracen finished before him! Gracen did quite a bit in her second book as well. They received their First Book Ribbons tonight along with a goody bag of prizes. A 6th grade girl tonight got a plaque for being the first person in the 8 years that FBC has had Awana to finish all 3 books of T&T. That means she memorized around 230 scripture I believe he said. There are 4 books in T&T and Gracen and her teacher, Mrs. Carol, made a "plan" tonight that Gracen will be the first person to finish all 4 books. She and Carson both could easily do it at the pace they are going if they stick with it. I hope they will want to. When you finish all 4 books, you will have memorized over 300 scripture! That is truly hiding God's word in their heart and hopefully they will recall one of the scriptures they are learning when they are wanting to sin against Him.

God bless,
Sherri

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That is awesome. Sounds like I need to do the books..I need help memorizing scripture.

    ReplyDelete