Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Weigh-In Wednesday Week 18

Whew, this week last week has been crazy busy.  Basketball is back in full swing and after Sr. High Jamboree games all night Friday (which resulted in 2 wins for Marty's team), Trojan Fest Fundraiser all day Saturday (which raised almost 10,000 after expenses)  & church on Sunday (where we had someone saved woohoo!), by Monday I was not rested up for the new week.  We came home Sunday afternoon to try to get some things done before Monday morning and it's a good thing we did since we haven't been home since.  

Monday night we went to Blevins for a Jr. High Jamboree and Marty's boys won both games there and played very well.  We went to Emerson on Tuesday night and won both games, but that 2 hour drive each way was not fun! Kyle couldn't make it on Tuesday morning so we rescheduled for this morning and when I set my alarm for 5:30 am as I was getting in the bed at 12:35 am, I knew it was going to be a long day of school today....and I was right! After half a diet coke got in my normally non-caffeinated body, I am still shaking from the jolt! My body doesn't know what to do with caffeine! At least I was awake though.  

And no rest for the weary, we have plans tonight and Parent Teacher Conferences till 7 pm tomorrow night followed by 3 games at Kirby Friday night. I'm wondering when sleep and laundry figure into that?! I really need to do laundry...and dishes and dusting...oh well, plenty of time for that some other day.  

I'm already enjoying basketball season this year and we're only a week in.  Marty graduated a lot of seniors last year and has only one starter on the team that started last year, but he is very special to us and we just love him like he's one of ours so our family is looking forward to watching him play this season...and Marty to coaching him.  Maybe it will give Marty some practice for when he coaches Carson starting next year in jr high. 

After several weeks of losing 1/2 pound or maybe a pound, I lost 2.2 this week for a total of 27.4 pounds and 26 inches! I was thrilled with my results when I got on the scale this morning!!  I have set my goal for myself to be at my goal weight by basketball tnmt time so we'll see how that goes.  My weight tracker app on my phone tells me that is about 130 days from today and I want to lose 26.6 more pounds so I'm  finally over halfway to my goal of 54 pounds...only by .4 but over halfway now! :)

A good scripture from my devotional today to close this with...

He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.
Matthew 25:45 (NIV)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sherri! I wanted to let you know that you won the book giveaway from my blog! Can you email me your contact information so that I can mail you your prize? kasey_krawiec(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete