Wednesday, June 9, 2010

We're off and running....

Summer is in full swing and I am loving it!!  Haven't had an entire day at home yet and I always enjoy those but we're too busy right now with the fun and sun to care.  I'm working Mondays and Wednesdays half a day in June and directing VBS in July so need to get my tail to work on that, but baseball and softball are taking up most of my time right now.  From Saturday morning to Monday night...we played, well, I watched my kids play actually...SEVEN games!

He played 2 games on Saturday and won both, then Sunday School and Church for me and Gracen on Sunday morning, back to the ballpark for 2 games that afternoon where we won the Summer Grand Slam for 10 and under.  Monday morning I worked out before I went to work for a few hours and then Gracen played and lost out of her league tournament at 5:30 at Caddo Hills and then we were off to Kirby for a double header against Centerpoint for Carson starting at 7:00.  Whew!!  I'll post a pic from the championship soon.

That night they each had a friend over to spend the night and then I took them all swimming at mom's that afternooon so I did get some down time floating in the pool...except for that I kept getting griped at for floating into the "baseball outfield" aka the deep end!

Today, I worked followed by a mad dash to get to the Arkadelphia waterpark for Deric's birthday, home to piano lessons, dropped them off to go to a friend's fun night at their church and finally home about 7:30 or so.  It's been a wild week already!  The rest of the week is basically the same.....but I love going and doing with my kiddos while we have the time and opportunities!

I'm pretty sure life is going to get really boring when they are out of the nest and off on their own....I dread it already! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment