What do I love about spring? Let me count the ways...
1. I love driving down the road and smelling fresh cut grass from someone mowing away in their yard. Granted it makes me sneeze...but it's worth it!
2. I love seeing everyone in pinks, yellows and oranges from the choir loft on Sunday morning. I'm not inspecting everyone's dress apparel or anything but I just love seeing the men, women, boys and girls alike wearing all their bright colors as they sing in their pews.
3. I love the first blooming trees...the Bradford Pears and Red Buds all seem to pop out in a single day and give us the first hints of many blooms to come.
4. I love the warmer temps in the afternoon but still some cool mornings. I like to start the day as I head into school a little cool and by afternoon I walk out from work and the sun is bright and warm.
5. I love days and nights spent watching Carson play baseball. I know I may be partial but he looks so cute in his little baseball uniform.
6. I love flip flops!
7. Speaking of flip flops, I LOVE pedicures! I love the pampering in addition to the pretty toenails. I feel too guilty to spend the money on it in the fall and winter so I look forward to spring and getting to take Gracen over and have our toes done!
8. I love Easter and how it almost always turns out to be a beautiful blue sky by the time we are leaving church that morning. Even if it starts off rainy it usually clears off to give us a pretty blue sky more times than not.
9. Speaking of Easter...I love Easter egg hunts. My kids are past believing in the big bunny, but they still hunt eggs with all their cousins and then sit on the deck at Mimi's and open every egg and see what they found.
10. I love that spring is a time of new beginnings. The earth brings forth new life everywhere you look...flowers, trees, shrubs...all blooming and the pastures are full of new creatures of every shape and size. All these things reminding us of the ultimate new life...Jesus Christ who was resurrected from the grave after 3 days to bring salvation. Available to every man, woman and child to receive if we only trust in the ultimate giver of new life.
Friday, April 8, 2011
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry